- Letsee, Inc. (the “Company”) uses best efforts in protecting the personal information of the users (“Members”) of its homepage (http://www.letsee.io) and developer homepage (https://developer.letsee.io) and complies with the data privacy regulations and government guidelines.
1. Purpose and Items of Personal Information Collected
A. The Company collects only the minimal amount of personal information required for the purpose of providing services, smooth customer consultation, and otherwise, as follows.
(1) Provision, maintenance, and management of services, and settlement of purchases and fees
(2) Personal identification, prevention of illegal and unauthorized use, technical support and provision of notices, and confirmation of intent to withdraw
(3) Service improvements and development of new services, improvement of Member experience and functions, and statistical analysis
(4) Provision of services and placement of advertisements according to demographic characteristics, confirmation of service effectiveness, and provision of event and advertisement information and participation opportunities
(5) To notify Members about Company and service updates via email newsletter or other available means.
B. The Company collects the following items of personal information of Members.
(1) When entering into the Terms of Service
Name, email, phone number, group name
Information automatically connected while using the services: IP address, cookie, date and time of visit, service use records, records of misuse, device information
2. Processing and Retention Period of Personal Information
In principle, Letsee immediately destroys personal information when it is no longer necessary to retain, such as after the purpose of collecting the personal information is fulfilled, it ceases providing services, it closes its business, or otherwise. However, the following items of personal information are retained for the periods set forth below for the following reasons.
A. Retention for reasons based on relevant laws
(1) If there is a reason under relevant laws such as the Act on the Consumer Protection in Electronic Commerce, Etc., Commercial Act, and other laws, to retain personal information, then such information shall be retained for the period prescribed by such law. In such case, the information shall only be used for the purposes for which they are retained. The following are examples of such cases.
- Records regarding withdrawal from contract or subscription: 5 years (Act on the Consumer Protection in Electronic Commerce, Etc.)
- Records regarding customer complaints or dispute resolution: 3 years (Act on the Consumer Protection in Electronic Commerce, Etc.)
- Records regarding advertising/labeling: 3 years (Act on the Consumer Protection in Electronic Commerce, Etc.)
- Books and supporting documents regarding all transactions as required under tax laws: 5 years (Framework Act on National Taxes, Corporate Tax Act
- Records regarding electronic financial transactions: 5 years (Electronic Financial Transactions Act)
- Records regarding website visitations: 3 months (Protection of Communications Secrets Act)
3. Procedure and Method of Destruction of Personal Information
In principle, the Company immediately destroys personal information after the purpose of collecting the personal information is fulfilled.
A. Destruction procedure
- After the purpose of collecting a Member’s personal information is fulfilled, information is transferred to a separate database where it will be destroyed after being retained for 3 months.
- Personal information transferred to a separate database will not be used for any purposes other than as permitted by law, and access to such information by anyone other than the manager is restricted.
B. Destruction method
Personal information stored in electronic file format is destroyed by using a secure method so that the record cannot be restored.
Personal information recorded and stored on paper is destroyed by shredding
4. Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties
A. In principle, Letsee does not provide Member’s personal information to third parties outside of the purpose for which such information was collected and used, except for the following cases.
When the Member consents in advance to the provision of his/her personal information to third parties
When an investigative agency or supervisory authority requests personal information under the procedures required by law for the purpose of investigations
When otherwise permitted under relevant laws
Creating statistics, providing information in anonymized form for the purpose of market research
B. When otherwise necessary to provide personal information to third parties, the Company may provide personal information to third parties upon the Member’s consent through the appropriate procedures.
5. Entrustment of Personal Information Processing to Third Parties
The Company may entrust the payment settlement tasks to the following payment gateway service provider for payments for the services made on the internet, and in the process of such processing such entrusted tasks, such service provider may be provided with personal information of Members.
- Entrusted Company : KG INISIS
- Entrusted Tasks : Payment processing (credit card payments) and prevention of payment theft
- Personal Information Retention and Use Period : Until the Member withdraws or the termination of the entrustment agreement.
6. Member Obligations
A. Members are responsible for the protection of their personal information, the Company is not responsible for any issues caused by the disclosure of personal information due to the Member’s negligence or otherwise.
B. Together with the rights of protection of the Members’ personal information, Members also have the obligation not to infringe personal information of others. Please take necessary precautions to ensure your ID, password and other information is not disclosed and that you do not damage the personal information of others.
C. Members must comply with the Personal Information Protection Act, Resident Registration Act, and other laws related to personal information.
7. Installment, Management, and Rejection of Automatic Personal Information Collection Devices (Cookies, Etc.)
B. Rejection of Cookie Installation
In the Member’s web browser options, the Member can set to allow all cookies, confirm each time cookies are saved, or refuse to save all cookies. However, if the Member refuses to save cookies, use of some services may be restricted.
8. Technological / Administrative Protection Measures of Personal Information
The Company implements the following protection measures to protect personal information of Members.
A. Preparations against hacking and computer viruses
The Company is utilizing the necessary security measures to prevent the leakage or damage of the Member’s personal information by hacking or computer viruses, and endeavors to equip all possible technical methods to secure more advanced security measures.
B. Restricting employee access to personal information and employee training
9. Personal Information Protection Manager
The Company has a privacy department and a privacy manager to protect the personal information of Members and to handle complaints related to personal information. For inquiries related to the personal information, please contact the following privacy department or the privacy manager.
Name: JungHyun Park
Name: SangChul Ahn
If you need to report or to consult regarding other personal information infringement, please contact the following organizations.
1. Personal Information Protection Commission (www.pipc.go.kr / phone: 118)
2. Prosecution Service (www.spo.go.kr / phone: 1301)
3. Korean National Police Agency Cyber Bureau (cyberbureau.police.go.kr / phone: 182)
Effective Date: October 20, 2020