Terms and conditions
Terms of Service
Article 1 Purpose
These Terms of Service determine the rights, obligations, and responsibilities between the Letsee, Inc. (the “Company”) and Members (defined in Article 2) regarding the services (“Services”), as well as the procedures for use of the Services, including the Engine (defined in Article 6), provided through the Letsee developer site (“Site”) operated by the Company.
Article 2 Definitions
(1) The defined terms used in these Terms of Service shall have the following meanings.
- The Site (from April 2020 to date) operated by the Company is as follows.
- Member: A person who has registered as a member by providing personal information to the Company and has signed a contract for use of the Services with the Company in accordance with these Terms of Service and who has been given an ID.
- ID: An email format selected by Members for the identification of the Members and use of the Services.
- Password: A combination of letters, numbers, and special characters selected by Members in relation to their ID for the purpose of protecting their privacy.
- Fees: Fees the Member pays to the Company to use the Services.
- Subscription Service: A service that allows the Member to pay compensation for using a certain scope of services provided by the Company for a certain period.
(2) Any terms not defined in these Terms of Service shall have their meanings ascribed to them by relevant law.
Article 3 Specification, Explanation and Amendment of Terms of Service
(1) The Company will post the contents of these Terms of Service on the initial Services screen of the Site for the Member’s reference. However, the details of these Terms of Service can be viewed by the Member through a linked screen.
(2) The Company may amend these Terms of Service to the extent permitted under the Act on the Regulation of Terms and Conditions, Framework Act on Electronic Documents and Transactions, Digital Signature Act, Act on Promotion of Information and Communications Network Utilization and Information Protection, Etc., Act on the Consumer Protection in Electronic Commerce, Etc., Framework Act on Consumers, and the Act on the Protection, Use, Etc. of Location Information.
(3) The Company may amend these Terms of Service if deemed necessary. When these Terms of Service are amended, the Company determines the amended terms and the effective date and notifies Members through online notice on the Site or by sending an email to the Member at least 7 days prior to the effective date.
(4) Members who continue to use the Services after the effective date announced pursuant to the previous paragraph shall be deemed to have consented to the amended Terms of Service. Any Members that do not agree with amended Terms of Service are free to terminate their contracts for the use of the Services at any time.
(5) Any matters not determined in these Terms of Service and interpretation of these Terms of Service shall be determined in accordance with the Guidelines for Consumer Protection in Electronic Commerce, Etc. and related laws.
Article 4 Establishment of Use Contract
(1) Use contracts are established by the consent of the Member to these Terms of Service and the acceptance of the Member’s registration by the Company.
(2) The time of establishment of the use contract will be the time the Company shows that the Member’s registration is complete according to its application procedures.
Article 5 Application for Use and Acceptance
(1) Members apply for membership by filling in the Member’s information in the application form determined by the Company and expressing their intention to agree to these Terms of Service.
(2) The Company may refuse to accept the application for use or may afterwards terminate the contract of use under any of the following circumstances.
- If the e-mail address is the same as an already registered Member
- If the applicant seeks to use the Services for illegal purposes or profit
- If the application is made for the purpose of violating related laws or impeding social order or morals
- When there is no space in the equipment or technical difficulties from Company’s operation of the Services. However, in this case, the Company may withhold acceptance for use until the circumstances are resolved.
- Other cases in which it is confirmed that a violation of these Terms of Service or the application is illegal or unfair, or if the Company reasonably deems it necessary.
Article 6 Services to Members
The Services provided by the Company to Members are as follows.
- A service that allows Members to use the web-based AR content development engine of the Company (the “Engine”)
- Any other services developed by the Company or provided to Members through partnerships with other companies
- All services such as technical support related to the services of paragraphs 1 through 3
Article 7 Intellectual Property
(1) The Company owns all intellectual property rights and other rights in and to the Services.
(2) Company grants Members the non-exclusive, non-transferable, and non-sublicensable right to use the Services for lawful purposes. For clarity, even if a license is granted, ownership or other rights in the Services are not granted to the Member.
(3) Intellectual property rights and all other rights related to development results and other work product (“Work Product”) produced by a Member using Services belong to the Member.
(4) Members must use the Services within the scope of the purpose and method permitted by the Company and must not infringe the intellectual property rights or other rights of a third party in violation thereof.
Article 8 Service Use Period
In principle, the Service will be available for use 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, unless there is a special issue in the business or technology of the Company. However, the use of part or all of the Services may be restricted if it necessary for the Company, such as conducting a system inspection or otherwise.
Article 9 Member Obligations
(1) Members must comply with relevant laws, these Terms of Service, use instructions and other matters notified by the Company, and must not engage in any other acts that interfere with the business of Company.
(2) Members shall not engage in any of the following acts in relation to the use of Services.
- Entering false information when applying for or changing the Services or illegally using the personal information, ID and password of others
- Copying, distributing, or using for commercial use, information obtained using the Company’s information without the prior consent of the Company.
- Unauthorized change of information posted by the Company
- Transmitting or posting of information (computer programs, etc.) other than those set by the Company
- Infringement of intellectual property rights such as copyright of the Company or other third parties
- Intentionally interfering with the operation of the Services, such as transmission of large amounts of information or advertising information, provision of illegal programs, distribution of malicious programs, etc.
- Acts that damage the reputation or interfere with the business of the Company or other third parties
- Disclosing or posting obscene or violent messages, videos, voices, and other information that is contrary to public order and morals on the Site
- Failure to fulfill the Member’s obligations
- Acts that violate other related laws or Company regulations
(3) Members shall immediately notify the Company of any changes in the information provided at the time of application for the Services, and the Company shall not be responsible for any problems caused by a Member’s delay in providing such notice.
(4) Members are obligated to pay the Fees set by the Company in exchange for the use of the Services, and the Member shall be responsible for any problems arising from non-payment of the Fees except in cases of the negligence of the Company or other reasons recognized by the Company.
(5) Members shall not transfer or resell the right to use the Services, payment amount, or other status related to the use of the Services to others.
Article 10 Company Obligations
(1) The Company shall not engage in any act that is contrary to the relevant laws and these Terms of Service, or against public order or morals, and shall use best efforts to provide the Services continuously and safely as stipulated in these Terms of Service.
Article 11 Provision of Information
The Company may provide various information regarding the use of Services to Members through email, and Members may refuse to receive such information. However, the Company may provide information that is essential for the use of Services (e.g., changes in related regulations/policies, etc.) regardless of the Member’s refusal.
Article 12 Notice to Members
(1) Company may provide notice to Members through email to the email address the Member submitted to the Company.
(2) If the Company seeks to notify a large number of unspecified Members, individual notifications can be substituted with posting or notifying them on the Site.
Article 13 Calculation of Fees
(1) The Fees are calculated and charged from the commencement date of the Services according to the contract, regardless of whether the Services are actually used.
(3) The monthly Fees are calculated on a monthly basis from the date of initial payment. If the use contract is terminated in accordance with Article 16, paragraph, the Services shall end on the date falling 1 month from the last payment date, and the payment amounts are not refunded.
Article 14 Payment of Fees
(1) The Company will send the receipt or invoice for the Fees for use of the Services to the Member by email or mail, or by a method suggested by another payment agency.
(2) Members are responsible for paying the Fees, and payment is possible through the payment methods provided by the Company, such as payment through credit card and non-bankbook deposit. However, some payment methods may be restricted due to the Company’s circumstances.
(3) If there is a separate payment agency that operates a payment method, Members must perform the procedures suggested by the payment agency before using the payment method.
(4) In case of payment by non-bankbook deposit, if the Member and the depositor are different, the Member must notify the Company of such by phone or e-mail. The Member shall be responsible for any liabilities for failure of notification.
(5) Payment confirmation is made during the Company’s business hours (weekday working days, Monday through Friday, 9 am to 6 pm), unless there are special circumstances, and the deposit after close of business is processed within the next business hours.
(6) The Company may refuse to provide Services if payment is not confirmed within 1 week from the date notice is sent to the Member requesting payment of the Fees.
Article 15 Suspension of Services
(1) The Company may suspend providing the Services in the following cases.
- If it is unavoidable due to construction such as maintenance or regular inspections of Services facilities
- If a telecommunications business operator stipulated in the Telecommunications Business Act suspends telecommunications Services
- If there is a problem with normal use of the Services due to power outages, failure of all facilities, or congestion in usage
- In case of force majeure such as a natural disaster or national emergency
- If it is determined that it is necessary to suspend the Services due to business, contract, or technical reasons
(2) In the event of a suspension of Services, the Company will notify Members in advance pursuant to Article 12 (Notice to Members). However, if prior notification is not possible due to the suspension of the Services due to reasons beyond the Company’s control, suspension may be notified on the homepage or individually.
(3) The Company is not responsible for any damages to the Member caused by the temporary suspension of the provision of the Services due to the reasons in paragraph 1 of this Article.
Article 16 Termination of Use Contract
(1) Termination by Member
- The Member may terminate the use contract within the Site at any time.
- Members who terminated pursuant to the preceding paragraph may re-register as Members according to the regulations set by the Company.
(2) Termination by Company
① If it is confirmed that any of the circumstances under Article 5, paragraph 2 apply to the Member.
② If the Member infringes on the rights, reputation, credit, or other legitimate interests of the Company, other Members, or others, or violating the laws of the Republic of Korea or public order and morals
③ If the Member acts or attempts to interfere with the smooth progress of the Service provided by the Company.
④ Other cases where the Company reasonably determines that it is necessary to refuse to provide the Services
- The use contract terminates when the Company notifies the Member of its intention to terminate. In this case, the Company will give notice of termination through the email registered by the Member.
(3) Any damages incurred in connection with the termination of the use contract shall be responsibility of the applicable Member whose use contract was terminated, and the Company shall not be held liable.
Article 17 Personal Information Protection
(3) The Company does not use the information provided by the Member for the use contract for purposes other than for operating the Services of the Company nor does the Company provide the information to a third party without the Member’s consent except in the following cases.
- If the use of Member information and provision of information to a third party are permitted in accordance with the law
- If the Company obtains the consent of the Member in accordance with the terms and policies of the Company
Article 18 Record Retention
(1) In accordance with the Act on Consumer Protection in Electronic Commerce, Etc., the Company retains records for each of the following items for the period specified by the law.
- Records on use contract or subscription withdrawal, etc.
Article 19 Disclaimers
(1) The Company shall not be liable for any failure to provide Services due to a national emergency, natural disaster, or other force majeure.
(2) The Company is not responsible for any issues in the use of the Services due to reasons attributable to the Member.
(3) The Company shall not be held liable for loss of profits expected by the Member by using the Services and shall not be held liable for any damages caused by data otherwise obtained through Services.
(4) The Company shall not be responsible for transactions between Members or between Members and third parties through the Services.
Article 20 Dispute Resolution
(1) The Company and Members shall negotiate in good faith to smoothly resolve any issues arising from the use of the Services.
(2) The Company will prioritize Member complaints and opinions when it is deemed that they are legitimate. However, if prompt processing is difficult, the reason and processing schedule must be notified to the Member by email or telephone.
Article 21 Governing Law and Jurisdiction
(1) The interpretation of these Terms of Service and disputes between the Company and Members are subject to the laws of the Republic of Korea.
(2) Any lawsuit between the Company and a Member arising while using the Services shall be resolved by the Seoul Central District Court.
Addendum < April 1, 2020>
(1) These terms and conditions will be effective from April 1, 2020.
Addendum <October 20, 2020>
(1) These terms and conditions will be effective from October 20, 2020.